The client service representative is responsible for providing effective customer service for all external 401(k) and defined benefit clients by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of firm products and services as well as communicating effectively with team members within the financial planning firm. Opportunity for growth within the firm is available.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides timely and accurate information to incoming client requests.
- Processes client requests/changes/ according to established firm policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Director of Corporate Benefits to prepare review reports, client reviews and presentations.
- Provides timely feedback to the firm regarding service failures or client concerns.
- Partners with other members of the firm to meet and exceed client’s service expectations.
- Assist in the establishment and processing of new business.
- Client Focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment located in Milford, CT. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Minimal travel (2-3 times per year for annual and semi-annual firm meetings) to New York is expected for this position. Expenses are paid for by the firm and overnight stays are not expected.
Required Education and Experience
Candidate is expected to have a college diploma.
- Customer service experience.
- Computer experience including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Preferred Education and Experience
Candidates with FINRA Securities licenses, life & health insurance licenses are preferred.
- Customer service experience with retirement plans.
- Financial services industry experience.
- Experience utilizing Morningstar and Fi360 analytic software.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.